Following road safety and traffic rules is very important to control accidents and violation of rules. Hyderabad traffic police are to get stricter with the latest G.O brought by central government. Motorists who violate the traffic rules will accrue penalty points along with penalty and imprisonment. Different fines are charged to motorists depending on the violation of rules. It is very important for the motorists to drive carefully following the rules and sped limits to avoid penalties, accumulating points in their account and imprisonment.
MV acts and Fines charged to motorists include
Fines charged for offense related to Documents
- Driving without license- according to M.V Act 181, motorists would be charged penalty of Rs.500/-.
- Driving a vehicle without registration- according to M.V Act 192(1), motorists would be charged penalty of Rs.2000/-.
- Driving a vehicle without insurance- according to M.V Act 196, motorists would be charged Rs.1000/-.
- Driving vehicles by Minors or individuals with less than prescribed age- according to M.V Act 181, the minor will
- Be charged penalty of Rs.500/- and the owner would be charged penalty of Rs.1000/-.
Fines charged for offence related to driving
- Driving a vehicle at high aped, rashly and negligently- according to M.V Act 184 (b), the driver would be charged Rs.1000/-.
- Driving without wearing Helmet- according to M.V Act 129/177, the motorist would be charged penalty of Rs. 200/-.
- Driving a vehicle dangerously posing threat to lives of people- A case would be booked according to section IPC 279 and the motorist should attend court.
- Travelling on footboard- according to M.V Act 123(1), individual would be fined Rs.200/- and he should attend RTC mobile court.
- Vehicles driven by mentally and physically challenged people- according to M.V Act 186, the individuals would be charged penalty of Rs.200/-.
- To run away after committing accidents- according to M.V Act 187, the motorists should attend the court.
- To drive an unsafe vehicle- according to M.V Act 190 (i), the driver should be presented in court.
- Driving an overweight vehicle- according to M.V Act 194, the motorist would be charged RS.1000/- per ton.
- Wrong side driving- according to M.V Act 199/177, penalty of Rs.1100/- would be charged.
Fines charged for offence related to road marking
- Violation of stop line- according to M.V Act 177, the motorist would be charged Rs.200/- penalty.
- Violation of traffic signal- according to M.V Act 177, the motorist would be charged Rs.200/- penalty.
- Driving vehicles with irregular number plates- according to M.V Act 80 (a), the individuals would be charged Rs.200/- penalty.
- Violation of signal jumping- according to M.V Act 184, the motorists would be charged penalty of Rs.1000/-.
- Violation of non stopping on police signal- according to M.V Act 177, Rs. 200/- would be charged as penalty.
- Riding 3 people on a two wheeler- according to M.V Act 184, Rs.1200/- penalty would be charged.
Fines charged for offence related to parking
- Parking of vehicles in a manner which cause disturbance to others- according to M.V Act 177, Rs.200 would be charged along with the crane charges for moving the vehicle ranging from Rs. 150/- to Rs.600/-.
- Parking vehicles at no parking boards- according to M.V Act 122, 177, Rs.1000/- would be charged.
- Violation of no entry- according to M.V Act 177, motorists would be charged Rs.200/- as penalty.
- Violation of one way- according to M.V Act 177, Rs.200 would be charged.
- Violation of U- Turn and entering prohibited area- according to M.V Act 177, the motorists would be charged penalty of Rs.200/-.
Telangana Government for the first time launching penalty point system for traffic violation to control the accidents, high speed and to improve road safety. According to this if an individual accrue more than 12 points within a period of 24 months his/her license would be cancelled for a year.
No. Of points added to individual accounts
- 1 point- people will accrue 1 point into their account if they do not wear helmet and seatbelt. The auto drivers will accrue a point if a passenger sits beside the driver.
- 2 points- people will accrue 2 points if they drive in wrong side driving, carrying people in transport vehicles, talking on mobiles while driving, jumping signals and driving with a above 40 km/hr.
- 3 points- 3 point swill be added to account if individuals drive with high speed, drunk and drive and so on.
- 4 point- exceeding the limit of alcohol consumption and driving vehicles or heavy transport vehicles.
- 5 points- motorists would be charged 5 points if he uses a vehicle for chain snatching, robbery, accidents, drunk and driving a car, auto, cab and RTC bus.