Spread the love
- It is the responsibility of school authorities and the teachers to ensure the safety of school children and also to impart the necessary knowledge, skills and attitude to be a safe road user.
- Teachers should help develop a responsible attitude towards road use in school children.
- Teachers should impart essential knowledge about roads and traffic to school children, by:
- Making them familiar with the rules of road and their importance.
- By explaining them the causes of accidents involving pedestrians, cyclists and children.
- Telling them about the cause and extent of pollution due to traffic.
- Children come to school in various modes of transport. Teachers should ensure that:
- The children enter and leave the school safely.
- There is no conflict between pedestrians and vehicles.
- The vehicles including school buses are parked safely and properly.
- Children should be supervised and taken care of at the time of alighting and boarding the school bus.
- Every school bus must be accompanied by a teacher for controlling the children and the bus driver.
- The teacher should arrange for an alternate bus and keep the children together at one place if the school bus fails to arrive or if there is any problem.
- There should be regular checking of school buses to ensure compliance with mandatory safety requirements.
- If any school bus or any conveyance, by which children come to school, violates traffic rules, the teachers should inform about it to their principal or Traffic Police Control Room.
Be First to Comment