The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has confirmed that the national permit vehicles should have two drivers. They also announced that national permit vehicles should have dark brown body color.
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways made modifications to the CMVR 1989 and released an official statement declaring that
- The national permit vehicles should have words “National Permit or NP” inscribed in bold letters in the front and rare of the vehicles.
- The body of the vehicles or tankers carrying dangerous goods should be painted in complete white color and should display the same in a label.
- The vehicles should have Fastag and affixed with reflective tape in front and rare.
- The vehicles should be fitted with a vehicle tracking system device. If restricted by a particular state, the vehicles will not pick up or set down goods at two points in the same state.
- Transport vehicles renewal of fitness will be every 2 years for those below 8 years, whereas the vehicle renewal of fitness is 1 year for those vehicles older than 8 years.
- For new transport vehicles, no fitness certificate is required, as they are considered to be having a fitness certificate for a period of two years.
- The transport vehicles should not carry the goods openly, they should carry the goods in a closed body or should at least be covered with tarpaulin.
- Now there is no need to carry different documents like registration, insurance, fitness, permit etc, they can just submit them in an electric form.