Solving parking issues
Throughout Telangana People can park their vehicles road side if the width of the road is more than 40 feet. But if you exceed the time limit people should pay the fees. Government of Telangana also planning to issue licence to the private people for parking areas. In order to solve parking issues government is also planning to bring multi level parking services, depending on private and government partnership mode. Minister for Municipal Administration and Urban Development K T Rama Rao informed that Telangana government is planning to bring on new parking policy by keeping in mind the increase in arrival of new vehicles on to the roads and to ease traffic issues. He also informed that they are dividing the parking places into 7 categories. He also said that they are going to collect parking fees from the shop owners who will park their vehicles in front of the shop all the day and causes inconvenience to the people. Minister attended review meeting about the parking issues with GHMC, Metro Rail and City Police Commissioners on Monday. He said at first the most crowded areas within the three commissionerates of Hyderabad city and implements the new process under pilot project. They will implement this system by the end of December. In different phases they will implement this process in all municipalities. He also said that they are bringing up a special mobile app which helps to know about the available parking places. UMTA will be responsible for implementing the parking fees system.
KTR meeting today on Aushadhanagari
KTR to conduct high level meeting at HICC on Tuesday regarding the aushadhanagari which will be set up in the city outskirts on National Investments and Production Board.
KTR on lorry owners problems
Minister KTR promised to solve the lorry owner’s problems. Under the supervision of Mahaboobnagar MLA Srinivas Gowda, the representatives of Lorry Owners’ Association Bhaskar Reddy, Saleem and Rajendra met KTR on Monday at Secretariat. Minister Lakshma reddy also participated in this meeting and requested to bring single permit policy in AP and Telangana. He also requested to change lorry industry into service industry, change the petrol into GST and to cancel the daily price policy and also to implement the same price policy. The representatives of lorry owners association informed the minister that without disturbing the supply of daily essentials, their strike is going on from past two days. They also requested to save the industry. KTR replied that soon the transport Minister Mahender Reddy will conduct a meeting with the higher officials and solve their problems very soon.
Few elements of new parking system
- According to the new system the parking categories are divided into seven like on street, low lying parking, residential buildings, government offices, public areas, heavy vehicle parking, bus/train/ MMTS stations, open places.
- For on street parking minimum of 40 feet width is compulsory. Parking is not allowed if the roads are below 40 feet. If the roads are more than 40 feet, then short time parking slots will be permitted for banks and shops. Parking fees will be charged and there will be no scope for long hour parking.
- According to the rules of building construction, parking terms should be followed. For newly constructed buildings, the tax would be excluded for parking floors.
- Management of theatres, hotels and restaurants are responsible for taking care of parking.
- According to the latest system, parking heavy vehicles on roads will be stopped. Those vehicles should be parked in special places.
- Parking facilities will also be available with private partnership. Facilities would be developed under PPP system.
- Licence policy will be developed to park the vehicles in the places of private people. 100% property tax exemption would be provided if those places are allocated for parking.